Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day Three/Four- December 9-10th

We have great news and we have bad news. I'll start with the great news. I got a text this morning from the birthfather and he signed his relinquishment of parental rights yesterday, had it notarized, and sent it to our attorney by mid-afternoon. He also said to e-mail him if we had any medical history questions for him. Yea!!!!!!!! This was a huge concern of ours. He's been MIA the entire pregnancy and I just spoke with him for the first time a few hours before her water broke on Saturday. This is great news!!! Now, there's nothing that will slow down our adoption process. Hallelujah!!! Merry Christmas to us!

Now, for my specific prayer request for the day. Rylan's billirubin (sp?) level is extremely high. A normal level is below 2. Hers is 15.8. We will be unable to hold her for 3 days unless changing her diaper or feeding her every 3 hours. We also cannot be in the NICU for longer than 5 minutes with the lights on. They are so powerful that they will begin to hurt your eyes and make you sick. Blake felt ill earlier after just 5-10 minutes of being by her side. This feels like 2 steps forward, and 1 step back. I realize that juandice is not that big of a deal. It's just the fact that we cannot see her, or hold her except for a few minutes a day. She has a blindfold on all day too. Poor baby. If we do not treat her with the photothrerapy lights, there is a risk for blood transfusions, and a decreased appetite (which is crucial while in the NICU). I have included some pictures of her.

Please pray that all is well for her to leave by Saturday. Everything has to be perfect before they will release her (blood oxygen level, oxygen saturation, no pressure, no added oxygen, normal WBC, normal billirubin levels, feeding well with no problems, pneumonia completely gone, complete round of antibiotics, etc.). If we cannot leave by Saturday, we will have to worry about me staying in Lubbock, making alternative arrangements for the girls at Blake's parents, my mom flying up here, and renting a car to drive back when she's released, etc. Besides, we REALLY miss our girls. Talking to them on the phone last night made me cry. Brooklyn is 4 months old and teething right now, and I hate that she cannot be with her mama. Thank you to Blake's parents for watching all 3 girls this entire week/weekend. I know that's a huge adjustment.

I cannot tell you enough how much your texts/prayers/e-mails have meant to us. Just when we are getting down about being stuck in this place, we receive an encouraging word. We have people all over the US and in Canada praying for us. Wow! What an awesome feeling to know that we are covered in your prayers.

Blake says I'm making these e-mail updates too long. He calls them my "novel updates", so I guess I'll wrap this up by saying, once again, thank you for everything (and for passing these along to your friends/co-workers/families for additional prayers).

Blake & Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment